ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q
When it was approved in 2003 as the first new laser in five years, the FDA granted the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® the widest approval range ever initially given to a new laser for both myopic and hyperopic vision correction. Since then, the results have been astoundingly positive. On gaining FDA approval in 2006, the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q took this tradition of excellence another step forward, providing proven superior clinical results, as shown by the following statistics:
- At one year after treatment, more than 93% of patients said they saw at least as well as or better than they had with glasses or contacts before treatment.
- More than 98% of patients achieved 20/40 vision one year after treatment; 20/40 is the level of visual acuity required to pass most driving tests.
- Nearly 60% of near-sighted patients achieved 20/16 vision after one year of treatment.
- Both near- and far-sighted patients reported an improvement in their reaction to bright lights and night driving glare after ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q treatments. In addition, near-sighted patients reported an improvement in sensitivity to light.
- Predictable results are the norm for the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q. More than 90% of patients achieve refraction within 1 diopter of their target correction.
A great source for information about LASIK and questions to ask your physician is the FDA website and the website of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Is ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q Right For Me?
The ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q expands the boundaries of candidacy for LASIK. However, there are certain people who are less than ideal candidates for LASIK and ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q treatment. You are encouraged to speak with your doctor to find the best vision correction alternative if:
- You are under 21. In this case, your growth phase has not been fully completed, meaning that your eyes can still change. In that case, LASIK is not a good option.
- You are pregnant or nursing. Pregnancy causes changes to your hormonal system. This can also cause your vision to change. It is therefore better to wait until your child is born and you have finished nursing.
- You have glaucoma or high blood pressure.
- You have keratoconus, a corneal irregularity.
- You have inflammation of the eye (uveitis, blepharitis or iritis)
- Your eyes have been infected by herpes simplex.
- You have suffered previous severe injuries on the eye.
- You have corneal scars or infections.
- You are taking certain medications.
- You suffer from other diseases of the eye such as AMD, diabetic retinopathy, cataract, or others
LASIK is also not recommended for patients with:
- Very large pupils
- Thin corneas
- Dry eye
- Unstable refractive errors
During the consultation with your doctor, please be sure to mention all medications you are taking and any medical conditions you have that might affect the success of laser correction.
Click below to view the PDF of the complete ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q clinical results for Myopia and Hyperopia .
For information regarding the risks and benefits associated with the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q treatment, please visit www.allegretto-wave.com or www.fda.gov.
To learn more about how the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q can help improve your vision, contact Memorial Eye Institute at (800) 382-2020.
2 Locations to Serve You:
Harrisburg Location: 4100 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
Phone: (717) 657-2020 | (800) 382-2020 | Fax: (717) 657-2071
Click Here to E-mail Us
West Shore Location: 4407 Carlisle Pike • Camp Hill, PA 17011
Phone: (717) 975-2015 | Fax: (717) 657-2071